GCEP Membership Information
To become a member of GCEP, you must join thru the American College of Emergency Physicians. Once you join you will be part of over 35,000 physicians,
residents and medical students in the leading EM specialty organization. As a member, gain access to diverse benefits designed for your professional
and personal advancement. By joining GCEP, you automatically become a member of ACEP.
The College has established membership categories so that emergency physicians may join with their colleagues to improve emergency care.
Active Membership is available to physician emergency specialists who meet one of the following requirements:
Annual dues: $615. Chapter membership is required. Members must choose a chapter based on the location of their practice or residence. Members
employed by the military or other government services are urged to join the Government Services Chapter.
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine subspecialty-training program accredited by ACGME.
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine residency training program accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine residency program approved by an ACEP-recognized accrediting body in a foreign country.
- Certification by an emergency medicine certifying body recognized by ACEP. Or
- Eligible for active or international membership in the College at any time prior to the close of business December 31, 1999.
New Active members in military service receive a 50% reduction in dues their first year and a 33% reduction their second year.
Transitioning Emergency Medicine Residency Graduates are offered discounted dues. If you have completed your emergency medicine
residency within the last three years, ACEP offers the following dues structure:
International Membership is available to any emergency physician who is not a resident of the United States or a possession thereof, and who
is licensed to practice medicine by the government where they reside and practice. Annual Dues: $461 if in Canada, $154 (except Canada).
- First year following graduation $154
- Second year following graduation $308
- Third year following graduation $461
- Fourth year following graduation $615 (full dues)
Candidate Membership is available to
Medical students, interns, and physicians participating in an emergency medicine residency or fellowship are encouraged to join the Emergency
Medicine Residents' Association at the same time by completing the joint application for membership. Residents may join both ACEP and EMRA
for a low annual combined dues of $105. A joint membership for medical students is $55 annually. Multiple -year membership rates are available
for residents in their first year of a three-year program or in the first and second years of a four-year program. A two year discounted rate
is available for medical students. Memberships in EMRA/ACEP have a common expiration date of July 1.
- Medical Students
- Physicians participating in an emergency medicine residency program
- Physicians participating in a fellowship program
- Physicians in the uniformed services, while serving as general medical officers.
Please call 800-798-1822, press 5, for more information. Dues rates for national and chapters are listed on the application for membership.
The membership year for candidate members is renewable annually on July 1.
General Medical Officers who have been members of ACEP as medical students or emergency medicine residents may continue their membership for
a maximum of four years as a candidate member in ACEP and inactive members in EMRA. During their tour of duty as a GMO, a dues rate of $308
of the ACEP Active Membership dues rate for the first year, and 66.6% or $410 of the ACEP Active Membership dues rate for the second apply.
This category of membership is also available to General Medical Officers who are joining ACEP for the first time. No discounts apply for
the subsequent years.
Applicable chapter dues rates apply for all types of candidate membership. Dues rates for national and chapter dues are listed on the
application for membership and are also listed below. Please call 800-798-1822, press 5, for more information. Dues are not deductible as
a charitable contribution for tax purposes. However, they may be deductible as a business expense subject to restrictions imposed as a
result of association lobbying activities. ACEP estimates the nondeductible portion of your national dues to be 25%.
*Dues are subject to change.
**For new members only.
||Grad yr 1
||Grad yr 2
||Grad yr 3